First off, apologies that you are here because we know how frustrating it can be when you are unable to bid. Hopefully, this guide can solve the current issues you are having. Let’s get right to it.
A couple of common issues that may cause you to be unable to bid could be that your profile has not been fully completed:
- Make sure that you have completed your profile with your address and phone number.
- Have you verified your account with us?
- Please VISIT YOUR PROFILE and complete the verification processes to verify your email, address, and phone number.
- When you created your account, you were sent an email with a link to click to verify your email address. If you haven't previously confirmed your email address, you can request a new confirmation email through your profile (located in the upper right corner of your profile).
- To verify your phone number, visit your profile, and click the verify phone number button (located in the upper right corner of your profile). You will be asked to provide the 6-digit code via a phone call from our automated service or a text message.
- To verify your billing address, visit your profile, and click the verify address button (located in the upper right corner of your profile). You will be asked to provide a credit card which we validate with the billing address of your profile. Your card will not be stored or charged during this verification.
- Once you have verified all three components, you'll be free to bid on our events.
If the above steps didn’t solve your problem, try verifying that the website is connected to the server. To do this simply look at the main menu bar and verify if the colored circle (mobile users may have to rotate their phone to landscape view) is red/yellow/green.
- If it’s green you are connected
- If it’s yellow it is working on connecting
- If it’s red you are disconnected
Another issue that may be affecting your ability to bid is your computer's clock. If you are noticing strange time increments on your bid timer i.e anything above 00:20, the timer starting at 00:05, just flat out reading 00:00, or maybe the item selling before the timer expires, it likely means your computer’s clock is out of sync. To fix this visit time.gov and look towards the right side of the screen. There you will learn how close you are to the UTC and you can adjust your computer’s clock accordingly. You may also wish to adjust your computer clock to “auto-sync” with the official UTC time.
If you are still having trouble bidding please contact us.